Saturday, May 18, 2013

Curry Bacon Brussel Sprouts

It really bothers me that I have no idea if it is "brussel" or "brussels". Googling produces results for both and I prefer to use proper English. Regardless these sprouts are divine!

I have a bit of an obsession going with curry. The curry I am using was purchased on our trip to Grand Cayman last November and is a Jamaican style yellow powder. I am sure the recipe would also work well with an Indian style yellow curry as they are very similar. I will have to try it out with Thai before I give that my blessing though!

Recipe

Brussel(s) sprouts, cleaned - 2 cups
3 tbs olive oil
1 tbs curry powder
1 tsp minced garlic
3-4 strips bacon

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Mix the olive oil and curry together until well combined.

Toss the sprouts in the garlic and then toss them in the oil mixture (right in the dish you are going to roast them in so you don't lose a drop of yummy curry oil!).

Arrange in a tightly packed single layer in the baking dish.

Drape the slices of raw bacon over the top.

Pop in the oven and cook until both the bacon is cooked and sprouts look a bit browned and crispy (30-40 minutes depending on your oven).

Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Carefully (ouch, it's hot!) break the bacon into bite size pieces and mix it into the sprouts.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment