Thursday, May 16, 2013

Paleo Friendly Italian Dressing

I posted this recipe the other day on the Working Paleo Facebook page.  Hubby and I love it and it is so much cheaper than the commercially prepared dressings.  I have stored it in the fridge for about a month now without an issue.  I make huge batches (quadruple the below recipe) and fill several jars so it is ready to go for salads and marinades.  I substituted a little crushed mustard seed for the mustard and even left it out completely in one batch and it was still fabulous!



Recipe

1 cup olive oil
1 cup red wine vinegar (can substitute other vinegars and mix in some lemon juice too)
2 1/2 tsp garlic powder (I added minced garlic instead)
1 tsp onion powder or dried minced onion
2 1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 1/2 dried basil (I have used fresh as well)
2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp dried or prepared mustard



Combine all ingredients and shake well.  Store in a jar with an airtight seal either in the fridge or at room temperature.  Keep in mind that the oil and vinegar will separate so it will need to be shaken prior to use and, if refrigerated, might need too warm up a bit.


1 comment:

  1. Carrie - I use this for marinade too. Especially on portabella mushrooms or vidalia onions that are going on the grill (addicted!). YUM

    ReplyDelete