Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Paleo Snacks

I admit, I have been having some issues with paleo friendly snacks.  I come home from work hungry and have a hard time finding something to grab and munch on while I cook dinner for the little guy.  So I fall into the trap of paleo convenience foods like those plaintain chips from Whole Foods that I mentioned in my last post.  And since I am not only eating paleo for health but also to lose weight, eating a lot of fruit or nuts isn't recommended.  There goes my yummy dates with almond butter.....

So, here are a few things on my "good" list from this week:

Sliced fresh tomato - It is kind of fun to grab a tomato and go since I can cut it up at work.

Sliced cucumber - I bought four over the weekend and peeled and sliced ahead so I can grab them in the morning for work.

Sliced peppers - Same as the cucumbers, I bought a variety of colors of peppers over the weekend and pre-sliced them as a grab and go snack.

Carrot sticks - Whole Foods sells these already peeled and cut and packed in water.  Genius!  Of course, it is way more expensive but sometimes it is worth it to pay for convenience.

Hard boiled eggs - Not my favorite because I really prefer my eggs warm but good in a pinch.

Bacon - Well, I do love bacon.  And you can pop it in the microwave for five minutes and it is ready to go.

I need some other suggestions.  A good friend is going to try making her own beef jerky with coconut aminos to make it paleo friendly.  I am waiting to see how that goes before I try it myself.

Any other suggestions?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment