Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Party Pleaser - Zucchini Hummus

When you think about hummus (if you think about it - I do!), you generally think chick peas.  Which are a major Paleo no-no.  But the rest of the ingredients in hummus are all healthy and Paleo friendly.  So what the heck do I dip my vegetables in?

And then, on Pinterest (I am an addict, follow me!), I came across this recipe from SkinnyMs.  And I gave it a shot in my Ninja blender.  Party perfection!


Recipe

(I doubled the recipe and it made way more than I needed!)

2 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup lemon juice (you can up this if you like a more lemony flavored hummus)
1/2 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves (next time I am going to roast these first and then make the recipe)
1 1/2 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste

Throw it all in a blender and food processor and mix until smooth.  Serve with raw veggies for dipping!




No comments:

Post a Comment