Saturday, March 30, 2013

Weight Loss Update

So, if you read my first post, you know that hubby and I started this way of eating to help with weight loss and to also feel better in general.  Hubby's blood sugar was a bit high and I have tons of allergy issues centered around pollen and fruit pollen as well as dairy plus cold and lung issues related to recent bouts of bronchitis and flu related pneumonia.  We did some reading and research and talking to friends who had tried Paleo and figured it was worth a shot.

So how are we doing?

With Hubby, blood sugar isn't something we can really measure except from doctor appointment to doctor appointment without buying a fancy monitor thing.  So, we aren't sure on that front. But he reports that he generally feels better and has more energy.  Plus he has lost about 5 pounds since we started on March 3rd.

For me, I am scared to try eating the fruits I have issues with but I will eventually.  It creates somewhat of a problem to be allergic to fruit when I am eating this way because it limits what I am able to snack on.  Total bummer.  I have issues with apples, peaches, pears, nectarines, plums, cherries and blueberries.  Dairy also does a bad things to my stomach sometimes.  Since cutting dairy out, I haven't had any of those stomach issues.  Plus, no more inhalers!  My one slip up when I had some mozzarella (about two ounces), I woke up the next morning feeling crappy - wheezy in my lungs and a stuffy nose.  So, I won't be doing that again!  I also have more energy and am sleeping better which is amazing.  I have lost three pounds as well - nice side bonus!

Questions?  Ask!  I am an open book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment