Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Paleo Pancakes...yes, pancakes!

Yes, you read that correctly...PANCAKES!  In the WP house, pancakes are almost a daily request from the little guy.  And I still have that big bag of Krusteaz mix from Costco for him.  But he will also gladly eat the paleo version and they are so much healthier for him.  Super easy recipe, made even easier with a good blender (I love my Ninja!).



Recipe

1 banana
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of almond butter (this is somewhat optional - I made them without the first time and they were just as delicious so if you have nut allergies in your house, leave it out!)
Shake of cinnamon

I throw all of the ingredients in my Ninja and blend until smooth.  If you don't have a great blender or don't feel like dragging it out, you CAN do this by hand but I would strongly suggest mashing the banana up really well first or you will have lumpy pancakes.

Once mixed, proceed like normal - big or small pancakes both work although if you want to do letter shapes (we are learning our letters!), I would maybe add an extra tablespoon of almond butter to thicken it up.



The mixture will be thinner than a normal pancake mix and therefore more runny.  Have no fear!  The consistency is very similar once cooked.

Important to note that I usually at least double the recipe to feed the three of us on the weekend.  I actually like to triple or quadruple it and then save the leftovers for during the week.  30 seconds in the microwave and they are ready to eat again (although they taste good cold!).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment