Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spaghetti Squash

One of the best things about Paleo was my discovery of spaghetti squash.  I seriously cannot get enough of the stuff!  I use it as a base for everything I used to eat with pasta and rice or eat it on its own.  Super simple to make and great for you.

Roasted Spaghetti Squash

Preheat over to 375 degrees.

Get out your muscles!

Using a large, heavy knife very very carefully, cut the spaghetti squash in half length wise.  This takes a good deal of force so please, please be careful.  I will sometimes use a meat tenderizing hammer over a dish towel on the back of my knife and tap the knife in and through.

Clean out all the seeds and strings (I am saving the seeds to grow but you can roast them like pumpkin seeds too!).

Place the squash halves skin side up in a glass baking dish.

Drizzle olive oil over the skins.

Roast for 30-45 minutes depending on the size of the squash.  If it is softball size, go for 30 minutes.  Two softballs together, better off with 45.

Once done, use a fork to scrape the "spaghetti" strings out.  Top with olive oil, garlic and seasonings or your favorite other recipe (I will post a few soon!).

YUM, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment