Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Coconut Curry Scallops and Swordfish

The local fresh fish store has become a go-to place for me on the weekends.  I usually end up taking my three year old which means I don't get a lot of time to peruse and plan and end up just randomly picking stuff to keep the counter guy from staring at me blankly for longer than three minutes.  Which is how I ended up with chunks of swordfish and sea scallops.  I made coconut bread earlier in the day and needed something to compliment it.  A friend suggested a curry dish and this was the result!


Recipe

One pound of sea scallops
One pound of swordfish chunks
Roasted spaghetti squash
Two cups of broccoli
One onion
One can of full fat coconut milk
Garlic - fresh chopped or jarred
Jamaican or Indian curry - whichever you prefer

Add the coconut milk, onion, garlic and curry (about 1 tbs - adjust to your preferred level of heat) to a medium saute pan over medium heat.

Cover and let cook together for five or so minutes.

Add the scallops and swordfish and cover again and let cook for five minutes.

Add broccoli and cover again and cook until broccoli is cooked through, stirring frequently to make sure all ingredients are coated in the coconut curry sauce.

Serve alone or over spaghetti squash.

Note: I think this would work well with any kind of fish or shellfish.  Maybe even chicken.  You can also substitute low fat coconut milk.  I used the Jamaican style curry for mine because I had some we had purchased in Grand Cayman in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment